THE GLENVIEW, IL CREMATION PROCESS IN A NUTSHELL
Losing a loved one is hard. There are, unfortunately, no exceptions to this. Further, the burden of sorting through details, making arrangements, and funding the process are all added stressors. These unique stressors invoke worry about the loved one’s wishes, about their care post-death, and about walking out the steps of a fitting tribute to their lives. It’s a heavy, heavy load.
Here in Glenview, IL, cremation is common among loved ones looking to honor their deceased with a loving and affordable option. And, at Chicagoland Cremation Options, our staff understands the family’s need to be completely confident that their loved one will be handled with the utmost dignity and attention to security. Our licensed staff is proud to serve the Glenview community with kindness and professionalism—exactly what residents in this closely-knit community expect. Here, specialists in cremation services are highly trained to work with the bereaved to the highest set of standards, reliability, and direct responsibility.
Choosing the Right Professionals
Choosing the right professionals for your specific needs can feel daunting. Of course, you want to work with professionals who place their reputation on the care they provide. To be confident your loved one is in the hands of a caring and capable team, there are some basic expectations you should have:
- Affordable cremation options. Find professionals in the industry who believe in providing the Glenview community with practical, reasonable options. Of course, it is of the utmost importance to consider a variety of cremation service options—find a location with staff whose commitment is to help you construct the most fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Humble service to your family. Look for a group of skillful and dedicated Glenview, IL cremation service professionals to serve you and your family. You will place special trust in these professionals during a very delicate time—you will want to work with a team which takes enormous pride in assisting you through the cremation process. When you find the right fit, know that this team will be your dependable advisors and will serve you and your loved ones with the highest level of dignity.
- Value placed on local service. Serving this community means serving neighbors, friends, and family.
Knowing Your Loved One’s Cremated Remains are Safe
Wherever you choose for cremation services, you want to know that your loved one’s remains are safe. To all involved, this is an important detail. Personal care is the first and most important step toward offering you the assurance you need. Choose to meet with prospective cremation specialists in-person. By meeting doing so, you can see for yourself how much the staff truly care about your loved one and those who loved him or her. The staff here at Chicagoland Cremation Options takes caring for your deceased loved one’s body and cremated remains highly seriously. Our identification process is precise, so you know your loved one is safe in our care.
The “9-Step ID Process” for Glenview, IL Cremations
Once a loved one is in our care, our strict internal procedures are followed to a “T” to ensure that proper identification is preserved throughout the process. Read below to review our stringent ID process:
- Place wrist identification on the deceased. If the family present, we will invite them to write the name on tag.
- Deceased is placed in cremation container. The person's name is written directly on this container.
- Family signs an authorization for cremation. The verification of the death of their loved one is obtained, as well as the written permission to perform the cremation. Copies of these documents are attached to the outside of the cremation container.
- The county medical examiner or coroner acknowledges awareness of the death and verifies the cause of death or requires an autopsy or investigation. The death is recorded with the county and a cremation permit is then issued. This permit is also attached to the cremation container.
- The death certificate and medical examiners' permits are filed with the state. Certified copies of the death certificate are available to the family and a state permit is issued, giving Chicagoland Cremation Options the authority to perform the cremation.
- Crematory operator fills out a crematory control sheet, which requires two personnel to sign off on prior to the cremation being performed.
- The cremation is logged in the record book. The name of the deceased, the date, the cremation chamber used, the time started, and the operator's name are recorded. Copies of #3, 4, 5, and 6 are attached to the outside of the cremation chamber.
- Paperwork is prepared in the office while the cremation is taking place. Immediately following the completion of the cremation, the cremated remains are placed in an urn with the deceased's name already on the container.
- The cremated remains are returned to the family. The family must show picture ID and sign a release stating they are taking custody of the cremated remains.
Again, if any of these questions are handled poorly or are not clearly answered, reconsider using the facility.
At Chicagoland Cremation Options , our decades of experience help us to provide the most fitting and thoughtful cremation options in Glenview, IL at affordable costs. Call us at (773) 631-0018 or visit us here at 9329 Byron St., Schiller Park, IL 60176 at your soonest availability. We look forward to serving you.
HAVE A QUICK QUESTION OR COMMENT?
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.